2018 MEETING DATES
- JANUARY 11, 2018
- FEBRUARY 8, 2018
- MARCH 8, 2018
- APRIL 12, 2018
- MAY 10, 2018
- JUNE 14, 2018
- JULY 12, 2018
- AUGUST 9, 2018
- SEPTEMBER 13, 2018
- OCTOBER 11, 2018
- NOVEMBER 8, 2018
- DECEMBER 13, 2018
All meetings will be held in the Belleville Town Hall Council Chambers located at 152 Washington, Avenue, Belleville, NJ 07109 and will begin at 7:00 PM.
PLANNING BOARD MEMBERS
- R. VENIERO, CHAIRMAN, CLASS IV
- M. MELHAM (Mayor)
- P. INAUGURATO, VICE-CHAIRWOMAN, CLASS IV
- V. COZZARELLI (Councilman), CLASS III
- B. BANDA, CLASS IV
- T. BOVE, CLASS IV
- A. CONTE, CLASS IV
- G. CORBO (Deputy Police Chief), CLASS II
- G. WALSH, SECRETARY, CLASS IV
- M. SANABRIA, 1st Alt., CLASS IV
- D. HRICKO, 2nd Alt., CLASS IV
The Belleville Planning Board consists of 9 regular members and 2 alternate members. These members are residents of Belleville who voluntarily serve on the Board after being appointed by the Town Council in this capacity.
Each member of the Planning Board has one of the following four “Class” designations:
- The Class I member is the Mayor or the Mayor’s designee in the Mayor’s absence.
- The Class II member is one of the officials of the municipality other than a member of the governing body, appointed by the Mayor. If a member of the Environmental Commission is also a member of the Planning Board, that member shall be deemed to be the Class II Planning Board Member.
- The Class III member is a member of the governing body who is appointed by the governing body.
- The Class IV members consist of six regular members and two alternative members who are residents of Belleville and are appointed by the Mayor and Council.
The Planning Board functions under the authority of the Municipal Land Use Law of New Jersey, N.J.S.A. 40:55 D.
One of the primary functions of the Planning Board function is to generate and update the community Master Plan. Other functions of the Planning Board involve subdivision and site plan review, creation of the official maps and associated zoning ordinances. The Board is also empowered to review and approve “C” variances (departures from zoning ordinances) in conjunction with development applications. The Board may also participate in the preparation and review of plans required by State or Federal regulations. The Board also assembles data for planning purposes and performs other advisory duties upon request by the Town Council.
The Master Plan is a comprehensive, long range plan intended to guide the growth and development of the community. It contains elements that provide for future economic development, housing, recreation, open space, transportation, community facilities and land use.
A primary element of the Master Plan is the Land Use Plan. This element serves as the basis for development of the Township’s zoning ordinances, a set of local regulations that provided for controls on how the land in Belleville is developed, occupied or utilized. The Land Use Plan is also implemented through a zoning map of zone categories as recommended in the Land Use Plan.
The Board is also involved in reviewing major subdivisions and site plans and finalizing the land use regulations that will support the zoning ordinances of the community. Subdivision review is required whenever any lot, tract or parcel of land is divided into two or more lots. Site Plan reviews are required when someone proposes development for anything other than an individual lot application for detached one or two dwelling units.
All plans for development are available for public inspection in the Construction Office on the 3rd floor of the Belleville Town Hall.
Planning Board Contact Form
You can use the form below to contact the Planning Board Chairman and Secretary with any questions you may have regarding Belleville Planning Board matters.
ARCHIVE OF RECENT CASES HEARD BEFORE THE PLANNING BOARD